Saturday, March 17, 2007

Science Fair Innovation

Seventeen year-old Science Marvel

Mary Masterman developed a new inexpensive Raman system and spectrograph. Spectrographs can cost as much as $100,000 yet Mary built her's for around $300 from household parts and has proven the concept. Besides science achievements, she is talented in music and is studying several different languages.

We always hear the negatives about our teenagers and how American youths score lower than their counterparts around the world. Well this young lady is certainly a cut above.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah some nice news for a change!

Did you suppress your second sidebar? Only one is showing, and I wondered it it was a formatting problem that pushed out the other sidebar--which I sort of like...but then I'm all about cramming in news! Have you seen the commercial site "Science Daily"

http://www.sciencedaily.com/

They have pretty high-level science news, with categories and RSS feeds that you could use...

Have a great Sunday! And I hope you and yours are having a good Lent.

All the best,
Dumb

March 18, 2007 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger KWR said...

I've noticed that when I click on an individual page for a post, like when you click from the DO aggregator, the second sidebar doesn't show up. I don't understand why. Unless I needed to do something in the template that I didn't complete so that it would show up both on the main page and on the individual post pages.

Lent is going by too quickly just like everything else with one exception -- boy do I want a cup of coffee. That ends up being a pretty big sacrifice for me each year.

March 18, 2007 at 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices for the sneakers are all over 180 bucks on every site. But for all I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?

February 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home