Sunday, February 18, 2007

Take 2

Welcome to the new, improved edition of Science Today. This is my second attempt to launch this site. I wanted to get the format right. Now I can concentrate on content. There will be one more roll out once I add Haloscan to allow trackbacks and get this blog onto open trackbacking to increase membership. I am hoping that we get my half dozen closest blog friends to give it a look-see now and then expand it out.

Gulf Coast Hurricane Tracker will continue to serve as my primary outlet for severe weather, climate issues and of course tracking North Atlantic tropical systems. This blog is intended to fill the gap on other science issues such as space exploration, chemistry advances, and stem cell research among other science news. As I find other science topic news feeds, I'll add them to the sidebars to provide even more up-to-date news on science topics.

Since I first came up with the idea for this blog, much has happened:
  • Global Warming on Mars
  • China's space launch
  • China's destruction of a satellite in space
  • Successful research with stem cells from umbilical cord blood
And many others. Please check back frequently for further updates.

Trackbacked to: Woman Honor Thyself (I tried to manually add more trackbacks but the standalone pinger wouldn't work)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veritas,

Count me in!

February 18, 2007 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger KWR said...

Thanks Butch

February 18, 2007 at 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Veritas,
Looks good. Check out the Nova Feed service that I have for the NY Times, you can put any feed in there AND you can put that in the main part of the blog. I have found that the rss reader that I mainly use cannot work in the main part, has to work in the sidebar.

The ticker me feed thing also gives you wide latitude to specify the type of news from Yahoo or Google you want, and that too can go in the main body and also has pictures sometimes.

I see you have an atom feed. I'm changing the Dumb Ox blogroll to a aggregator-based list, so drop me an email and I'll send you the new code when I get it done... not this weekend though! I'm swamped with grading.

Ciao

February 18, 2007 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger KWR said...

Thank Ox,

Butch from 123Beta sent me the link to subscribe to GCHT (It's in the comments for the Science Today post). I'm assuming I can just post the link into my sidebar in the template.

I like the look of what you have and am loosely using it as a conceptual guideline. I'll check out the Nova Feed Service, your site is how I learned about the RSS feeds.

Have fun grading.

February 18, 2007 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

Good luck my friend with the site..remind me to blogroll ya!
Thanks for the link and have a great Sunday!..:)

February 18, 2007 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Maggie Thornton said...

This is a gorgeous page. I'll be checking in at both sites.

I love the "1st peck of peppers".

Maggie
Maggie's Notebook
http://maggiesnotebook.blogspot.com

February 18, 2007 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger KWR said...

Thanks Maggie, Lookign forward to checking out your site. The peck of peppers caught my eye also.

February 18, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home